Managing the Main Sections
Main Sections are the top-level folders displayed on the left side of the system. They include some special sections like Inbox and #team. All other sections are there to give you an idea how you could structure your DMS. But they are merely suggestions and can be deleted and renamed, while you can also add new sections.
If you hover your mouse over the section’s name, you can see a dropdown menu that allows you to rename, share, download, delete and see the audit trail of the section. When gear icon appears, click it!
- Rename — allows you to modify the name of the section.
- Share — allows you to make the whole section (with all the files and folders inside it) available for any person, a group or as a public link. You can choose if they are able to only preview its content or download and modify too. More on sharing here!
- Download — creates a structured ZIP archive of all the contents of the section, all the files and folders that are inside this top-level folder.
- Audit Log — displays the complete list of events that have taken place within this Section. You can see who has added or deleted files on the Section level, who has previewed, downloaded or shared it to whom etc. More on audit logs here!
- Delete — deletes the section and all its content. Deleted content will first move to the Recycle Bin (visible for account administrators only). More on Recycle Bin here!
To create new Section, click on “+ Create new section”.