Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Automated Approval & e-Sign Workflows
You can set up any folder with approval or e-signing workflow automation. So any time a file is uploaded to the pre-configured folder, an approval/e-signing workflow would start automatically. And you can enable routing so that after the document is approved/signed by everyone, it is automatically moved to another folder you have chosen.
After the approval workflow completes, you can download the approved document with approval summary as one file (approval summary attached as the last page) or as separate files.
To set up an automated workflow, do this:
- Locate a folder. Click on the Settings icon and choose ‘Workflow’ in the list view or, if you are already in the right folder, click on the ‘Workflow’ button on the toolbar.
- Click ‘Activate’ to start setting up the automated workflow.
- Choose the method of workflow: Approval, DocuSign or eID.
Setting up approval workflow:
- Fill in the resolution text if it is approval workflow. The statement you want others to agree in the context of this document. For example “Shall we pay this?”. (Optional)
- Choose either Parallel or Serial type of approval workflow.
– In Parallel type the invitations to approve the document will be sent out simultaneously to all approvers.
– In Serial type the invitations to approve will be sent in the order you have set up the approvers. Next person will receive invitation only after the previous one has approved the document.
- Toggle on ‘Move after approval‘ if you want to automatically route the document to another folder after it has received all approvals. Choose a folder. (Optional)
- Check ‘Show file’s metadata to approvers‘ if needed.
- Check ‘Show file’s related files to approvers‘ if needed
- Choose if the same automation should be applied to sub-folders as well. Check or uncheck the option based on your preference.
- Click ‘Create’ to confirm and finalize the approval workflow automation.
See Workflow Status and Results
Click on the blue ‘View approval workflow’ button on the right side of the document’s detail view to see and download the Approval Summary.
A folder that has an active Workflow automation turned on is displayed in blue and with a stamp icon on it:
To make any changes or disable the automated workflow, just click on ‘Workflow‘ button again in the dropdown menu, make the changes and click on ‘Update‘ to save your new preferences.
Documents that have been sent to automated approval will have an indicator on them in the folder list view:
- Yellow dot means the approval process hasn’t been finished
- Red dot means the document has been rejected.
- Green dot means the document has been approved.
Documents that have been sent to automated e-signing workflow will have an indicator on them in the folder list view:
- Yellow square means the approval process hasn’t been finished
- Red square means the document has been rejected.
- Green square means the document has been approved.