Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Users are your team members that can have access to your account in the capacity you decide. By default, all your team members will have access to just one folder — the #Team section. All other resources are hidden until you make them available for the users. The users you have added to your system can be assigned to user groups, so you can manage their access in bulk.
You can choose which users can access which resources and with what kind of permissions: pload-only, preview-only, preview & download, editor.
To add a new user to your Folderit account, you can do this (or use our Azure AD integration):
- Log in as an account administrator
- Locate Admin Tools on the left side of the system and click ‘Manage Users’
- Click the blue ‘Add User’ button or ‘+User’ in the toolbar
A modal appears where you can input the user’s information. The most important of them is the e-mail. This will be the user’s user name in Folderit and this is where they will receive the invitation to join your team.
This is how the invitation looks like:
The invited person should click on the “Click here to choose a password and finish your registration!” link. At the destination website they will be able to choose their user account’s password:
After you have added a user, it appears in the users’ list. Even if the person has not yet finished their registration by clicking the link and choosing their account password. The list provides an overview of all your users, their emails, names and position in company (if this information is provided by you).
The gear icon next to the user is opens up a menu that enables you to:
- Edit team user — You can edit the name and position of the person
- Resend invitation — If the user has not received their invitation to join your team, you can resend it. Also, make sure the invited person checks their Junk email folder!
- Remove all access — Removes the user from your team and cuts off all access to your resources. If for any reason (for example if the employee leaves your organization) you want to remove the person’s access to any and all of your resources for good.