Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
OKTA SAML setup guide
The OKTA/Folderit SAML integration currently supports the following features:
- SP-initiated SSO
- IdP-initiated SSO
- Single logout
- From “Sign On”, edit “Settings” and enter “Advanced Sign-on Settings” -> “SAML Base URL” from Folderit.
- Upload “Signature Certificate”, which can be downloaded from Folderit “Identity provider” page.
- Optional: Enable single logout.
- Upload “Signature Certificate” from Folderit.
- Copy “Sign on methods” -> “Metadata details” -> “Metadata URL” field.
- Go to “Identity providers” page.
- Click on “SAML” toolbar button and enter “IdP Metadata URL” from previously copied “Medatadata URL” field on OKTA page.
- Optional: Enable Single Logout (note: this has to be enabled on both sides to function).
Troubleshooting and Tips
Sign-on can be initiated from the login link, which is given on the “Identity providers” page. This can be useful for linking from a wiki, knowledgebase, from a bookmark etc.