Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Folderit Medium and Tailor (and Trial) plans come with DocuSign electronic signing and XAdES (ASIC-E) advanced digital signature integrations built-in. It means documents stored in Folderit can be easily electronically signed. You can send documents to be signed by Folderit users and external people by adding their email address to the e-signing flow.
Signing with DocuSign
As it is an integration with a third party, you will need a separate DocuSign account with e-signing ‘Envelopes’ available. Each electronic signing workflow (either with one signer or several) will consume one DS Envelope.
To start signing, first you need to connect your Folderit account with you DocuSign account. Make sure you have logged in with your main account (the account paying for the subscription or the first Trial account of your company that invited other users) and go to My Profile > Integrations > DocuSign. The system will also prompt you to do that when you try to start your first e-signing workflow. You can also create folder-level e-sign automations.
Sending a Single Document for Signing
- Click on a file name to get to the detail view. On the right side you will see a blue button called ‘Start DocuSign workflow’. Click it!
If you haven’t connected your account to DS yet, the system will guide you to do that. If your accounts are connected you will see an e-signing modal.
- Add emails of the poople you need to sign the document one-by-one, clicking on ‘Invite’ button after inseriting each email.
- After everyone who need to sign the document have been added, confirm that you understand your DS Envelope will be consumed by this action by checking the box.
- Then click on ‘START ELECTRONIC SIGNING FLOW’. Please wait a little until the services communicate. When the buttons disappear the email invitations have been sent out to signers.
OPTIONAL: You can also toggle on the ‘Move after completed’ function and choose a folder where the document will be put after it has completed the e-signing workflow.
Setting up DocuSign Workflow as a Folder-level Automation
You can easily automate any chosen folder with pre-defined e-signing workflow. Then if someone drops (or sends) a document into this folder, the workflow would automatically start as per the setup.
To activate automated DocuSign workflow open a folder you want to automate and choose WORKFLOW from the toolbar.
Then make it ACTIVE, choose DocuSign as the METHOD and add everyone’s email (one per line) to the email field. Click the blue Plus sign to add more rows. If you choose SERIAL type, the invitations to sign will be sent in the order of the emails you see in the list, the next person receiving the invitation only after the previous has signed. Optionally toggle on ‘Move after completed workflow’ to pick a folder where the signed document will be relocated after everyone has signed it.
NOTE: The owner of DocuSign account/subscription will be notified via email about each document sent to e-signing flow: that user has viewed and that user has signed. This notification is coming from DocuSign, so it can’t be controlled in Folderit’s notification settings but under your DocuSign account.
- Yellow square with pencil means the signing process hasn’t been finished
- Red square with pencil means the document has been rejected.
- Green square with pencil means the document has been signed.