Linking Files / Associating Files
If you need to link a file with another, making a clear connection/relation between them, use the ‘Relate files’ feature.
To connect other files with one:
- Click on a file to get to the detail view, and then ‘MODIFY’ on the toolbar.
- Scroll down and locate the ‘Related Files’ field
- Click ‘BROWSE’ to find the file and add the connection.
Alternatively you can use the Document ID to paste in the field to make the connection.
- Click on a file you want to associate with another
- Copy either its ‘Document ID’ numer (the automatically generated serial number) or the full URL of the page you’re on
- Locate the file you want to add a relation with the file in step 1
- Click on ‘Modify’ button on the toolbar
- Locate ‘Related files’ field
- Paste the Document ID number or its URL (from step 2) to the field
- Click ‘Add File’ and you can see the file appearing under the field
- Click ‘Save’ to save the changes
Now you can see in file details’ view that the relation is added. Repeat steps 6 and 7 add more relations to the file.
Here’s a video overview of how the function works:
To remove a file relation, do the following:
- Click on the file you want to remove the relation from
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the toolbar
- Scroll down and locate ‘File relations’
- Click on trash bin icon next to a file you don’t want to have an association to any more
- Click ‘Save’ to save changes