You can upload folders and folder structures with files by compressing the structure as a ZIP file on your computer, uploading it to Folderit and uncompressing there.
- Compress the files and folders you want to import to Folderit as a ZIP file
- Upload the ZIP file to the location in Folderit where you want its content to be uncompressed
NOTE: In some web browsers the uncompression settings will appear at once, so you can skip 3.-4.
- Click on the settings (gear) icon of the uploaded ZIP file in Folderit
- Choose “Uncompress”
- Uncompression settings will appear.
– Toggle ON “Uncompress to new folder” if you want a new sub-folder to be created for the uncompressed content of the ZIP file. Toggle it OFF if you want the content of the ZIP file to be uncompressed right to the very folder you are currently in.
– Toggle ON “Overwrite existing files with new versions” if you want the uncompressing process to overwrite the existing files with same names in your current folder.
IMPORTANT: If the uncompression process is initiated but you see no progress on the progress bar then this process has been queued. You can close the window and even navigate off the location. The ZIP file will be uncompressed automatically once the previous processes have been finished. Check back later to see the results.