Default Metadata Fields
There are 7 default metadata fields already in place whenever you upload a file to Folderit. You can see the file’s metadata when clicking on it. The data on the fields is thoroughly searchable. The default fields are:
- Title — automatically populated with the file name but can be changed to something else. Changing this does not modify the original file name.
- Notes — a field for longer texts that describe the document or its content. Adding websites with full address (http://…., https://…) will make the links active after saving
- Tags — keywords that you can add to the file. After each keyword type comma ‘ , ‘ . This will turn the words into a keyword.
- Signed by — if the document has someone’s signature and you want to make it findable with search or simply need to have it shown out at a glance, you can add the signers names to this field. After each name type comma ‘ , ‘ .
- Document ID — the system automatically generates an unique number for each uploaded document. You can use it to refer to files, to associate files or use with your own registries.
- Date — you can pick a date of the document
- Due Date — you can pick a due date for the document. It is for your reference only.
Here’s a video overview of how to use metadata in Folderit: