Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Custom Metadata Fields
In addition to seven default metadata fields you can easily add your own custom metadata fields as well.
You can do so by applying the custom metadata fields on folder level, so that the same fields are automatically assigned to all files in that folder — and optionally its sub folders.
You can also add custom metadata fields on file-by-file basis. To do that, follow these simple steps:
- Click on a file you want to add the custom fields to
- In details view which opens, click on ‘Modify’ on the toolbar
- Scroll down and locate ‘Custom Metadata Fields’
- Click on the plus (+) sign and either choose one of your previously used custom field names, or plus sign again to add a new custom field. Choose its name, description and type. Then add options if you chose a List type.
- Fill in the field with data or leave it empty if you need
- Click ‘Save’ to save the changes
Here’s a video overview of how to use the file-level custom metadata fields tool: